Complaint Review

Internet USA Phone:
414-526-3509
Category:
Auto Towing

Wisconsin Towing Wisconsin Towing LLC or Wisconsin Towing Services, John ,no last name, I was charged $542.68 for changing a tire and putting on my spare. The service rep would not take my care off the jack and let me leave unless I paid! Milwaukee, WI Wisconsin

I left work at 5pm on October 10th to find that I had a flat tire in the lot where I park. I  needed assistance changing it and putting on the spare. I Googled "roadside assistance" and Wisconsin Towing was the first firm to come up.

The company sent someone named "John" out within 20 minutes. They did not quote a fee, but I assumed it would be $75 -$100. He had me pay by credit card "square",and said the charge would be $542.68!! I balked at it since that is absolutely insane, but "John" would not take the jack off my car or let me leave until i signed off on the payment. This is extortion!!

I wanted to call the police, but could not because i was alone and did not know how he would react. I played it cool and said that the car dealership who was supposed to fix my tire would have to pay for this beause they did not fix my tire properly that morning.

I went back to the dealership the following day to get the tire fixed and told the service department manager what happened and that I should not be liable to pay for their error. He couldn't believe what they charged me , so he tried to call the towing company to see if he could get them to give him an estimate for changing a flat, hopeing that he could call them on the carpet for ripping me off, but all he got was a voicemail message. He was going to try again later that day and let me know if he got a hold of them , but I havent hear back from him.

I called my credit card company to stop the charge, but don't know if they will be able to. I also plan to report this to the local police as well as to the Better Business Bureau and whatever else I can find to nail these guys.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2017 04:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://m.ripoffreport.com/reports/wisconsin-towing/internet/wisconsin-towing-wisconsin-towing-llc-or-wisconsin-towing-services-john-no-last-name-i-1405926. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wisconsin Towing

Is this report about you?
Fix your reputation the right way!?

Ripoff Report Investigates!